Monday, October 24, 2011

Current Event

Over the school year in humanities we worked on current events and we had as homework to write current events on things that are happening in the world.This is my second current event.


Lana J

Mrs.J

6A

28/sep/2011

Humanities

Philippines Typhoon

Bibliography:


Author: Reporting by Manny Mogato; Editing by John Mair and Sugita Katyal

Date When Written: Wednesday September 28 2011

Summary

On Wednesday 28 2011  there was a huge typhoon in the Philippines .With wind at the speed of 130 kph (80 mph) .The terrible storm killed at least 21 people. The typhoon moved to the South China Sea toward Northern Vietnam and Southern China. The typhoon destroyed $1.7 million worth of stuff. It also destroyed 2.5 million tones rice (16 million dollars) 75 days worth of food.



 A typhoon is a tropical storm or hurricane of the western Pacific area and the China seas (DEFINITION FROM: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/typhoon).

My thoughts

My friends helped me find this site and I was going through the site and I spotted a picture of the typhoon and I read something about it and I thought that it was tragic. I was very interested and wanted to find out more about it. I think that the typhoon was huge I wouldn’t want to walk in those peoples shoes. I feel really bad that these things are happening in the world and that so many people are dying because of the natural disasters. I wish that didn’t’ happen and I would love to help the people in the Philippines, give them money and food.






No comments:

Post a Comment