Sunday, August 26, 2012

I think that there are many different reasons why we study history. I probably don't know all of the reasons but I think I know some reasons why. One of the reasons is because it gives us understanding of different cultures and perspective. For example my culture might have thought that they were the first and only people to do something, but if they new more about the people before they might find out that people did that even before that. Another reason is that we need to understand the past so we can understand the present and predict the future. If you investigate the past you might see a pattern for example if there is a war in a country every 50 years then you should notice that and try to prevent the war so you can break the pattern. We need history so we can develope our problem solving skills, our critical thinking and we can discover creativity.What you think isnt a problem today people probably thought it was a problem in the past. You might not even know that problems are problems but you might find out using history.

 I like this quote "If you dont like the past, change it" by William L. Burton. I like that qoute because I believe that you can be the change you want to see around you. If you dont like wars or fights then try to stop fights in between people. You might think that that doesnt help but it does. If no one fought then there wouldn't be wars in the world. If you want to end world hunger then you can help one family or maybe even two because if everyone helped someone everyone would have help.

No comments:

Post a Comment