Thursday, December 8, 2011

Current Event

In school we have to write current events and here is one of them.


Lana J
Mrs.J
6a
6/12/2011

Big Winds in California
Author of Article: Unknown
Date of Article: Sun Dec 4, 2011 8:23 am

New words:
Reuters
Definition: A publicly owned international news and information company established in London 1851
Gusts
Defenition: A sudden, strong blast of wind 
.
Summary:
On Saturday December 3 2011 in Southern California Edison terrible wind gusts accrued. The wind gusts were at the speeds of 73 miles per hour on top of a mountain nearby Southern California. At high elevations closer to Metropolis the wind speed was in the range of 35 mph which is about 56 kph to 45 mph(about 72 kph ). On Saturday over 100,000 homes and businesses lost power because of the trees that fell down and other damage caused by the wind.
My thoughts:
I think that the winds were really strong and I wouldn’t like to be in the peoples shoes because those winds gusts were very strong they were near the speed of hurricane winds. I feel really bad for the people who lost their electricity. But I am glad that the damage isn’t as bad as it could have been .I noticed that a lot of terrible natural disasters are happening all around the world. I am very lucky that nothing as bad is happening to me and the place I live in that’s why I’m am very glad to be in a place that is currently safe and I hope it will stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment