Thursday, December 8, 2011

Current Events

This is my current event


Lana 
Mrs.J
6A
 27 October 2011

Earthquake in Turkey
Source of Article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Van_earthquake
Author of Article: Unknown
Date of Article: Unknown

New word: Directorate
Definition: The office or position of a director.
New word: Casualty
Definition:  An accident that causes someone to die
Source of Definition:  http://www.wordnik.com/

Summary:
On Sunday October 23 2011 a terrible earthquake struck Turkey near the city of Van. The earthquake was very strong, the magnitude of the earthquake was 7.1. According to the Disasters and Emergency Situations Directorate of Turkey (AFAD) unfortunately there were 601 deaths and 4152 injuries .There is  at least around 60,000 people left  without a home. There were a lot of aftershocks hurting and injuring even more.In the city center of Van the aftershock destroyed around 970 buildings in and around the city.At least 100 people were confirmed dead.
My thoughts:
I think that it is terrible that all of these natural disasters are happening. I really wish I can help all the country’s /city’s that the natural disasters happened in because I wish that everybody is always safe. I think that maybe we can organize something like a bake sale and we can make money and give it to red cross or a organization that will help Turkey or any country/city in need .I am really sad for all those people that died and got injured .I am also sad for the families who lost someone who they knew or were very close with.






















No comments:

Post a Comment